Saturday, July 6, 2013

P90X Challenge

Tomorrow I am starting P90X. Saturday seems like a sucky day to start, and most people would put it off until Monday and relax over the weekend but I've decided I do not want to and will not procrastinate anymore. Within the last year and a half to two years I gained over 40 lbs. I don't feel like myself anymore, it hurts to get out of bed and walk, and nothing fits! Before the weight gain I wanted to lose about 20 lbs so this extra weight has set me back even more from reaching my goal. The last month or so I've been watching what I eat, and keep my calories at about 1200 a day with the help of My Fitness Pal app. Just using this app alone and counting my calories is a HUGE eye opener. I don't think many of us realize how many calories we intake a day. I know that before I started counting calories I probably ate 1200 or more calories in one meal. So far I have lost about 9 lbs on my own. It is so important that you don't deprive yourself of having things you want though because that will make you go crazy. My weakness is pizza. I absolutely love it! Instead of eating it every week and helping myself to two or three slices, I splurge once in a while and eat my one slice very slowly. I also make sure I drink plenty of water before eating because it helps you get full faster. I'm not seeing results as fast as I would like, but I know it takes time and patience and I am anything but patient! I am tired of talking and ready to commit to living a healthy and happy life. This is why I am going to push myself to do P90X. I've read a lot of success stories that are so inspirational and I want to be one of those stories and share my experience with you! I would love to hear any other success stories so don't be shy to share them! I'm ready to take charge and make changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment